It is not long now until our Disability Confident training workshop with Disability Rights UK! The training will take place on Wednesday 18 July from 10am to 4pm at RISC, London St, Reading. The course is run by a trainer with lived experience of disability and many years experience of delivering training courses. It is targeted at anyone wanting to increase their awareness of disability issues or gain more confidence working with and supporting disabled colleagues or customers.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the difference between the medical and social models of disability
- Approach and assist disabled customers or clients with confidence
- Identify potential barriers disabled people face and potential solutions
- Understand disability legislation, including the Equality Act, to a basic level
- the definition of disability and the different models
- disability myths and misconceptions
- why disability matters
- making things fair: what the law says
- better communications
- the importance of language and avoiding assumptions
- sharing stories
Cost: £30 for voluntary sector organisations/£50 for businesses/LAs
This is a subsidised course made possible with a grant from People’s Postcode Lottery; the course is normally held in London for a cost of £110 plus VAT. We are pleased to be able to offer this at a greatly reduced rate for local organisations.
Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to register for the training course. Invoices will be sent out upon registration.