Much work needs to be done as a matter of urgency to ensure that the rights set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities are met. Stepping Forward works with others to contribute towards the acceleration of this process by:
- Supporting individuals and families affected by disability to access services, recreational activities, education, employment and all forms of learning;
- Promoting the involvement and participation of individuals and families affected by disability in national, regional and international forums and training for the purposes of advocacy, learning and policy development;
- Providing opportunities for individuals and families to share experiences, information and strategies through a range of media;
- Assisting in the dissemination of best practice, research and learning on issues related to disability, within the UK and globally;
- Advocating for the rights of persons with disabilities in the development and implementation of policy.
- Promoting the involvement and participation in national, regional and international forums and training of relevant organisations for the purposes of advocacy, learning and policy development;
- Supporting the training of professionals in areas related to disability issues;
- Carrying out activities that support greater understanding of the rights of persons with disabilities and which contribute to the full implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
Stepping Forward is a Registered Charity No 1177955. We aim to be a practical and creative hub of information, support and strategies for people affected by disability. We would love to hear from you if you would like to know more, have ideas for collaboration or just want to make contact.